Greenville, NC -- After pleading guilty to killing a South Carolina lady after kidnapping her and trespassing across state lines, aniel Glen Printz, 59, of Bostic, North Carolina, was given a life term in federal prison without the possibility of release.
Evidence presented in court established that Printz visited Travelers Rest, South Carolina, on the morning of August 27, 2021, from his home in North Carolina, where he met Edna Suttles, an 80-year-old local. Suttles and Printz first connected at the Food Lion supermarket off US-25, where Printz bought a four-pack of yogurt before the two of them made their way back to Suttles' house.
Later that day, Printz and Suttles returned to the Food Lion parking lot, and Printz was seen on security footage transferring Suttles into his car while she was obviously under the influence. Printz then drove her car a short distance to a parking area of a nearby hotel, where he was caught on camera cleaning the interior and outside of the car. Printz then returned Suttles to his home in Bostic, North Carolina by driving him across state lines.
Coworkers became concerned when Suttles failed to show up for work the following day and reported her missing to the Greenville County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators discovered various personal things belonging to Suttles during a search of Printz's home, the majority of which were hidden in a box intended for keeping bees on a remote area of Printz's property. These items included Suttles' keys, bank card, jewelry, and purse. A yogurt cup was also discovered by the investigators; it had been opened, and a forensic lab study revealed that it was filled with Lorazepam, Tramadol, and Cyclobenzaprine.
Printz cooperated with police enforcement after being charged in federal court in the District of South Carolina. He led law enforcement to Suttles's remains, which he had buried on a neighboring piece of land in Rutherford County, North Carolina, on May 16, 2022.
Agents also found evidence during the inquiry linking Printz to the deaths or disappearances of three other women, Nancy Rego, Delores Sellers, and Leigh Goodman. Printz acknowledged in court that he contributed in some way to their demise or disappearance.
In 1997, Printz was found guilty of kidnapping a different woman in Michigan, and as a result, he was given a term of 13 to 30 years in a state prison. 2009 saw his release, and 2011 saw the end of his parole. Additionally, he has a history of violence and assault convictions.
On the same day that he accepted his guilty plea, United States District Judge Donald C. Coggins Jr. sentenced Printz to life in prison. The federal prison system does not offer parole. Printz gave up the opportunity to contest either his conviction or his sentence as part of his plea deal.
“Printz is a monster who has a long history of targeting, kidnapping, and killing women - causing unimaginable loss to his victims and their families,” said U.S. Attorney Corey F. Ellis for the District of South Carolina. “He has earned every day of his life sentence, and our communities are safer with him in a prison cell. We are grateful that the Court delivered justice today and we hope it provides some measure of comfort for the victims’ families.”
“Printz’s day of reckoning arrived in a federal courtroom,” said Dena J. King, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina, whose office participated in the prosecution of this case. “This man is responsible for the deaths of multiple women and has caused inconceivable pain to their loved ones. A life behind bars is a just outcome.”
“Printz’s violence against women is reprehensible, and he earned the Court’s severe penalty for his crimes,” said Susan Ferensic, the FBI Columbia field office’s Special Agent in Charge. “The sentence will never bring back the victims, but it’s our hope that the victims’ friends and families find peace in the memories of their loved ones.”
“This case is the model for how local, state and federal agencies should continuously work together for the purpose of bringing forth justice,” said Greenville County South Carolina Sheriff Hobart Lewis. “I firmly believe that if it weren’t for the collaborative efforts that this narcissistic man would have continued targeting and preying on innocent woman before taking them from their loved ones. I am so thankful for the men and women who worked tirelessly to get Mr. Printz out of society and behind bars for the rest of his life.”
“We are glad to see justice served today for these horrible crimes,” said Rutherford County North Carolina Sheriff Chris Francis, whose office also investigated this matter. “We are honored to have worked jointly with the FBI, Greenville County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Attorney’s Office during this investigation. I am proud of the work my Investigators did in seeking justice for the families of the victims. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families.”
Wnctimes by Marjorie Farrington