CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The attacker who killed two students and wounded four others in a North Carolina university classroom may have recorded video of the classroom carnage on his cellphone, a Charlotte television station reported Saturday.

 
A new arrest warrant described former student Trystan Andrew Terrell telling police he recorded video at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte on April 30, WSOC reported . Two students were killed and four were wounded.
A police spokeswoman said Saturday she would not provide The Associated Press with a copy of the warrant filed in court, citing the ongoing investigation.
The arrest warrant indicates that the first officer on scene thought the accused shooter may be one of the victims and asked Terrell, 22, if he had been shot. He told the officer he was lying on the ground because he had been tackled, the warrant said. A gun was found nearby, WSOC reported.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney said last month that 21-year-old Riley Howell , who was killed, saved a number of lives by charging and tackling the gunman when he opened fire in a classroom in the school's Kennedy Building. Ellis Parlier, 19, was also killed inside his anthropology lecture hall.
Survivor Drew Pescaro, 19, said he was shot in the back near his spine almost as soon as the gunman entered the classroom and started firing.
"I was on the ground. The other two kids that were shot and didn't make it was on the ground, and the shooter himself was on the ground as well," Pescaro told WNCN.
"I just remember I heard the first shot and then pretty much everything went deaf after that," he told WTVD.
Pescaro was home this week in the Raleigh suburb of Apex after the latest of several returns to the hospital. UNCC chancellor Philip DuBois said on Twitter on Monday Pescaro had most recently suffered an infection and spent several days at Duke University's hospital near his home. Pescaro said he expects another hospital visit next week to have stitches removed, but he's thankful to be alive.
Survivor Rami Alramadhan , 20, of Saihat, Saudi Arabia, recently had a bullet removed from his abdomen but is improving, the university said on Twitter last week.

Comments (0)

Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 voters
There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

  1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Rate this post:
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location
Type the text presented in the image below

Most Read

WNCTIMES ON TWITTER

Cuomo on Central Park 5 Trump is clinging to injustice https://t.co/4v2ojajTUs CentralParkFive CentralPark5… https://t.co/gzC4Uf0hOR
About 6 hours ago
Teens online bullying worsens sleep and depression https://t.co/mimVjI16FE depression bullying onlinebullying… https://t.co/ETmieRVmsB
About 9 hours ago
Trump EPA rolls back Obama rule on coal fired power plants https://t.co/JMM4v9shMe @Coal_Ash airpollution… https://t.co/SaxQ2n5f8M
About 9 hours ago
About 10 hours ago